How I use Minplan to track my mood in my personal mental crisis.
Read about how I use Minplan to track my mood. Several years ago, I experienced a lot of personal stress for a long time. As a result, I was constantly in a sad mood and depressed. This affected not only me but my family and loved ones as well. I had to change something. I realized that I needed to monitor my mood to get a better perspective and to get some insights in my mental crisis. In that way, I can better manage my lifestyle, make informed health decisions, prevent or avoid factors that cause negative attitudes, and work to improve my quality of life.
Coping strategies for a bad mood
Which strategies helped me cope with a bad mood?
- Favorite activity. I love to walk in the park and feed the ducks.
- Try something new. Thus, I have already attended a tango master class and made a ceramic mug.
- Chatting with family and friends, going to the movies, or having coffee.
- Take care of myself. I take a bubble bath, sign up for a haircut or manicure, get a haircut, or get a massage.
- Feeling the moment. I try to pay attention to the here and now. For example, feel the sun or wind on my face, the warmth from a cup of tea in my hands, inhale the aroma of flowers or morning coffee.
I use the application Minplan. This application helps me recognize the warning signs just before my mood changes. And in that way, I can sometimes use my strategies and avoid a bad mood.
But you should be aware that if your bad mood lasts more than two weeks and you feel depressed most of the time or have lost interest in your usual activities, this could be a sign of depression. Make an appointment to talk to your therapist about how you are feeling.
Remember that understanding your mood will help you manage it and feel better faster.
And the Minplan application helped me, and I hope, it will help you; you can download it here